Tools & Resources
Any writing, drawing, or designing I do begins or will eventually end up on a device. Here is a list of hardware and software tools I use in my day-to-day work.
Computers & Devices
Software & Apps
- Adobe Creative Cloud for creativity and design, but I’m switching to Affinity
- Procreate and Clip Studio Paint for drawing and illustrating
- Nova by Panic to write code for websites
- Drafts, Scrivener, and Ulysses for writing children’s books and posts for my blog
- Todoist and Apple Reminders for capturing tasks, organizing projects, and generally just getting things done
- OmniOutliner, Mindnode, and DEVONThink for capturing and organizing my thoughts and information
- I have a subscription to SetApp which gives me access to a whole suite of apps on the Mac
I like evaluating new apps to see if I can streamline my productivity or enhance my workflows. Sometimes I discuss how I use these apps on episodes of my podcast, Driven Creatively Mad.
As an artist, it’s near impossible to get away from writing, sketching, and creating finalized art on paper. Here is an assortment of art supplies I use on a day-to-day basis.
Lines & Colors
- Copic Markers and Pens
- Koi Water Colors Pocket Field Sketch Box by Sakura
- Prismacolor Colored Pencils
- Prismacolor Premier Art Pens
- STAEDTLER® Mars® technico 780 C lead holders
Ever since I started using an iPad Pro in late 2016 I’ve cut back on my use of traditional media. I almost exclusively rely on creating my artwork digitally. I’m not sure if this has made me a better artist, but I do like the convenience an iPad Pro and the XP-Pen display affords me with drawing tools in various apps.
I use a variety of web services and applications to publish and share my products, artwork, and writing. Also listed are financial services and apps I use to run my business.
- G Suite for email, calendar, and online file storage
- Cloudflare for managing my domain names
- You Need a Budget, known as YNAB, for managing day-to-day finances and expenses
- PayPal, Square, and Stripe for accepting payments
- Zipbooks for invoicing clients
- I created this website with WordPress.